WOODHULL TOWNSHIP ASSESSOR
BOARD OF REVIEW
|Woodhull Township Assessor
| Board of Review
||Kay Nickols, Supervisor
Woodhull Township contracts with a certified Assessor. The Board of Review is composed of appointed members.
The Assessor determines values though an analysis of recently sold properties. By law, assessments must be set at 50% of the True Cash Value. There are three key value components to each property. These must be calculated every year.
- State Equalized Value (SEV) Half of Market Value.
- Capped Value (Last Years Taxable Value-Losses) x Consumer Price Index + Additions.
- Taxable Value (TV) The lesser of SEV or Capped Value.
Additionally, the Assessor is responsible for:
- Maintaining property record cards for each parcel within the Township. These records include legal descriptions, land values, land improvements, building information, Building values, exemptions statue, zoning information, etc.
- Creating and maintaining and Assessment Roll annually.
- Maintenance of all sales transactions on both vacant land and improved properties, ownership, processing, related Property Transfer Affidavits, Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemptions and Requests to Rescind.
- Establish land values and economic condition factors throughout the Township annually.
- Field inspections of all new construction projects and updating the property records accordingly.
- Land Division requests and processing.
- Periodic inspections of all real property parcels.
- Defending appeals to the Michigan Tax Tribunal.
Assessment Change Notices are mailed annually (mid-February). This is the taxpayer's opportunity to review important information pertaining to his or her property. Please be sure to examine valuations, classifications, legal descriptions and exemption data.
Appeals may be made to the Board of Review in March, July and December. The Board of Appeals, with sufficient cause being shown, will correct the assessment to such property in such a manner as will in their judgement make the valuation just and equal. Written protests are accepted.
Applications for Disabled Veterans Exemptions, Farmland Exemptions and Poverty Exemptions may be acquired from the Township Assessor.
NEXT BOARD OF REVIEW December 11, 2018 at 10 am in the Board Room.